Monday, May 7, 2012

Vegan Medicine

I am so sick....like stuck in bed, run down tired sick. It started a few days ago and has not let up. I thought I would use this as an opportunity to try something new for medicine. Normally when I get sick it is DayQuil and NyQuil until I feel better. This time I searched Google and happened across a number of blogs with all natural NyQuil recipes. I settles on this one:

1 Shot Brandy
1/2 Juice of Lemon
1 Tbl Honey
Mix and drink

The first night it helped me sleep, but the second night it had no effect at all. I also decided to try drinking caffeine free chamomile tea. I am not a tea drinker at all, but having a few cups a day really seemed to soothe my throat and ease the stuffiness in my head. By day 3 I really was not getting enough relief to manage my 2 kids and the house, so off Mr. HT went to the store for DayQuil and NyQuil.......ahh relief. I am not ready to give up on homeopathic remedies just yet. Instead I am hoping that my diet change will prevent me from getting sick in the first place. If I do get sick again I will give some other things a try.

As for my water intake I have been doing great, averaging about 6 a day. Yay!

This week my goal is to stick with a veggie/fruit juice for breakfast each day and have a healthy meat-free lunch as well. Wish me luck!

xoxo,

Mrs. HT

No comments:

Post a Comment