Friday, May 11, 2012

Still Sick...but not letting it stop me

So, I am still sick and there seems to be no end in sight for this nasty bug. Luckily the rest of the house is healthy and happy.

This week my water intake has been great and I have been very successful with the juice only breakfast plan. I have been drinking a green juice which consists of half fruit and and half veggies. It is pretty tasty and filling for the morning. My original idea was to do a juice fast for 10 days, but I am not sure I can make it that long on juice only. I am opting to ease into it. This seems to really work for me, I know for others going cold turkey is the way to get things done but not for me. I work so much better at a slower pace each day. I find that this makes it easier to get things into my routine permanently.

On another front I tackled the afternoon snack with my older son. I admit that I was giving him crap snacks after school. Chips, Candy, processed junk, gummies....yuck! I am a little embarrassed that I fed him this junk.I have switched to a piece of fruit, apples are a big hit, or fried fruit with nothing added. He has not seemed to miss the junk and even told me he was happy that I brought him healthy snacks. Win-Win! I also worked switched over to organic food for the little guy too! It is a little more pricey, but I can tell you that it smells and looks better and I feel better about giving it to him . I am using the Earth's Best baby brand of food and I am really impressed with all the options they have for dinners that don't include meat. Many of the flavors have lentils and rice as the base coupled with a fruit or veggie. So far so good!

Yesterday I attended a school filed trip with my older son. We visited the ENC in Newport Beach. I had not idea this place existed. They put on a great tour that including discussing various animal habitats and exploring them.They also have a butterfly enclosure, which is awesome! The kids also learned about recycling. There is so much to do there and the grounds are so beautiful, it would be a fun place to take kids of all ages. I especially loved the forest habitat, it was complete with redwood trees and a stream. I felt like I was in the PNW and that made my heart happy!

For the weekend, I plan on 2 jogs with the family and some good fun for Mother's Day.

Happy Friday!

xoxo,

Mrs. HT

No comments:

Post a Comment