Thursday, May 3, 2012

Let the Journey begin

Well, today is the day. The day I started a blog. It feels like the day I joined Facebook after avoiding it for so many years. I am excited and nervous about it all at the same time. Seems strange to be afraid of the internet and blogging when so many others are doing it these days. But yet here I am wondering if what I have to say is really worth reading.

What is my reason for starting a blog you might ask. Well, it really is simple. I wanted to keep track of my goal to go vegan, become healthy, and stay fit but I did not want to keep a note book with me all the time. The computer seemed like a natural fit and the blog, well it just works for this purpose.

I have committed to myself that I will log my progress and steps each day and post up what I am doing to get on track. This is going to be a very slow journey for me, but I will get there. If anyone actually happens upon this and has any suggestions or ideas for me I would love to hear them.

So, let's get started. Yesterday was the day that I realized I am overweight. I never thought of myself as overweight, I don't look overweight but I am. My BMI puts me in the overweight category and it freaked me out when I saw the number jumping off the page at me. I need to loose about 43 pounds and along with that I would also like to get rid of my aches, pains, and general low energy and depression. Food intake is the logical problem and solution so this is where I begin.

I have committed myself to getting rid of High Fructose Corn Syrup from my diet as of today. I have emptied out my pantry and fridge and anything with that ingredient got the boot. It was only a handful of items, but they are now gone and out of my diet. Small steps!

xo,

Mrs. HT

No comments:

Post a Comment